This unique combination features the best of both worlds. We have taken a Sealtight Damper and incorporated it inside our premium cap. This combination is then easily bolted to the flue pipe
just like our standard cap.
The advantages to this combination are:
- For future cleanings the damper-cap combo is easily unbolted from the flue allowing the chimney to be cleaned properly with a full size chimney brush
- No thick layers of silicone to cut through to remove the damper
- When closed, the damper prevents heat & air conditioning loss, down drafts and noise
- When open, The Premium Cap protects against rain, snow, birds, animals and sparks
The Best of Both Worlds!
Our Premium Single Raincaps are as attractive as they are durable, and are available in 10 stock sizes. Also available in 100% Copper, not Copper-Plated Stainless Steel.
This is the #1 selling damper for over 20 Years! The Sealtight original top sealing damper reduces heat and air conditioning loss through the chimney by as much as 90%, and eliminates down drafts when the fireplace is not in use. Sealtight dampers seal out snow, rain and animals and mount easily on the top of flue tile with silicone sealant (included). A 32′ stainless steel cable extends down the flue to a bracket fastened on the side of the firebox. A simple tug on the cable and the damper opens easily.
SEAL TIGHT Chimney Dampers are made for use only with open woodburning masonry fireplace chimneys and are NOT suitable for use in the following types of installations:
- Don’t use on chimneys serving vented gas logs. Vented gas logs require the fireplace damper to be removed completely or fixed to a permanently open position; this is to assure that soot, fumes and carbon monoxide do not enter your home.
- Use only on vent-free gas logs if approved by the appliance manufacturer and the local authority having jurisdiction. However, we don’t recommend it because the moisture generated from the gas logs could damage the chimney structure.
- Don’t use on chimneys serving other fuels, wood stoves or other appliances such as inserts, furnaces, etc.
SEAL TIGHT Dampers can be installed by homeowners who feel comfortable working on a roof, but U.S. Fireplace Products, Inc. strongly recommends you use the services of a qualified chimney sweep who can also inspect your chimney and provide other valuable home safety services.
Each damper kit includes:
30′ cable which can be cut to adjust for a perfect fit
Fireplace bracket and cool-touch spring handle
Mounting adhesive and hardware
50′ cable for taller chimneys