This unique combination features the best of both worlds. We have taken a Lock-Top Damper and incorporated it inside our premium cap. This combination is then easily bolted to the flue pipe
just like our standard cap.
The advantages to this combination are:
- For future cleanings the damper-cap combo is easily unbolted from the flue allowing the chimney to be cleaned properly with a full size chimney brush
- No thick layers of silicone to cut through to remove the damper
- When closed, the damper prevents heat & air conditioning loss, down drafts and noise
- When open, The Premium Cap protects against rain, snow, birds, animals and sparks
The Best of Both Worlds!
Our Premium Single Raincaps are as attractive as they are durable, and are available in 10 stock sizes. Also available in 100% Copper, not Copper-Plated Stainless Steel.
The Lock Top Damper effectively seals in “paid” energy dollars. It mounts to the chimney top and seals with a flat rubber gasket when closed. The Top Damper is constructed of premium stainless steel and cast-aluminum and won’t rust like conventional cast-iron dampers. The control mounts in the firebox for quick and easy access and defaults to the open position.
Heat loss up the fireplace chimney accounts for an average 8% of your home heating costs! The Top Damper helps prevent this heat loss. Stay warmer and save money!
The Lock Top Damper is made for use only with open woodburning masonry fireplace chimneys and are NOT suitable for use in these installations:
- Don’t use on chimneys serving vented gas logs. Vented gas logs require the fireplace damper to be removed completely or fixed to a permanently open position; this is to assure that soot, fumes and carbon monoxide do not enter your home.
- Use only on vent-free gas logs if approved by the appliance manufacturer and the local authority having jurisdiction. However, we don’t recommend it because the moisture generated from the gas logs could damage the chimney structure.
- Don’t use on chimneys serving other fuels, wood stoves or other appliances such as inserts, furnaces, etc.
There are no reviews yet.